You may have seen our British goods section all courtesy of Mike’s affection for the foods from the country where he grew up. Chiefly among them being marmalade. On June 2 at 5pm on Facebook Live Mike will be demonstrating a very easy marmalade using MaMade (available at Now You’re Cooking!). As the can proclaims, it will help you make 6lbs of Marmalade in only 30 minutes — just add water and sugar! It truly could not be any easier to make fresh marmalade at home and Mike will show you how.
Mike will also demonstrate how to use the AeroPress Coffee Maker while the marmalade cooks. AeroPress coffee makers are simple and easy-to-use. They consistently brew better-tasting coffee and espresso drinks. They’re an espresso maker, a drip coffee maker and a French press, all rolled into one! It’s one of our favorite coffee makers and Mike will show you how to use it so you can enjoy fresh coffee with your scone topped with homemade marmalade!
1. Empty contents into a large 8pt (4.5 ltrs) saucepan. Add 3/4 pint (425ml) of water using the measure mark on the side of the Ma Made can.
2. Stir in 4lbs of sugar (1.8kg). Bring to the boil stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
3. Reduce heat, maintain boil for further 15 mins, stir occasionally. Add a knob of butter during boiling to disperse foam.
4. Test for setting – remove from heat, put 1/2 teaspoon of marmalade onto cold saucer and put in a cool place. Test after 2 minutes by drawing a finger over the surface. If it wrinkles, setting point has been reached. If not, reboil for a few minutes. Test again.
5. Stand for further 2-3 minutes before pouring into warmed jars. If peel floats, stir contents of each jar.
6. Cover each jar with screw cap, parchment or film.